1. Your pet
1.1 You must disclose any medical, skin conditions and behaviour issues so we can cater to your pets every need.
1.2 We will not be held liable or responsible for irritation, abrasion, patchiness or hair loss due to any pre-existing skin condition, or as a result of the process of grooming, de-matting, thinning or shaving or any mishap caused by non-disclosure of your pets behaviour or medical condition
1.3 Removing extremely matted coats increases risk of accidental injury due to the delicate process of working so close to the skin. Additional charges apply to extreme matting due to taking extra grooming time and extra wear to the equipment.
1.4 It is recommended that most dogs get groomed every 6-12 weeks depending on the breed of your dog and its type of coat to avoid situations such as matting. It also helps the dog get used to the grooming process and becomes an enjoyable spa treatment as well as keeping your dog clean, happy and comfortable.
1.5 Your pet must be fully vaccinated and receive regular flea treatment. We will not be held responsible if your pet contracts fleas. We cannot guarantee fleas are not brought in throughout the working day despite thorough examination. Strict procedures and precautions are taken place for those found with fleas to de-contaminate the dog and spa. If your pet repeatedly has a flea infestation it will no longer be groomed. Charges will apply for cost of flea treatment shampoo and the de-contamination treatment of the spa so we may proceed to the rest of the working day.
1.6 If your pet bites or attempts to bite numerously a muzzle may be used for the safety of the groomer and your pet as we work with sharp blades and scissors. At the groomers discretion the treatment may stop. Payment will be charged for all work done to that point.
1.7 Groomer also has the right to refuse any dog who we feel is not fit to be groomed.
1.8 Please make sure your dog is toileted before groom.
1.9 Please bring your dog in on a lead and a well fitted collar/harness
2.0 If your dog is pregnant, we cannot groom in any instance. The bitch can resume grooming after puppies are 6 weeks old and no longer feeding.
2. Cancellation Policy, Payments, Deposits And Additional Charges
2.1 Cancellations policy is 48 hours notice with no fee. 24 hours will be charged 50% cancellation. On the day or no shows will be charged full price of the groom. It is very short notice to fill the appointment and are at a total loss of income with overheads still to pay. Repeated cancellations will require full payment for future bookings.
2.2 Payments: Cash or card are accepted as payment. No online bank transfers or cheques. Any failed payments will be addressed and Legal action will be taken if necessary.
- All appointments require a 50% deposit at time of booking.
- The remaining amount can be paid on the day once the groom has been completed. If booking on a regular schedule you have the option to pay the remaining amount and then pay a deposit for the next groom, or you can pay full amount for the full groom and roll over the deposit originally paid for future bookings.
- Deposits will be non-refundable if a cancellation is made after 48 hours. On the day or no shows will be required to pay the rest of the full groom. A future appointment will not be made until it has been paid, and a deposit will be required for future booking.
- If booking online, your card details will be taken, your card will not be charged at this time. However it will be charged accordingly for the cancellation fee.
2.4 Additional Charges:
All prices are ‘starting from’, if your dog is the following additional charges will apply,
- If your dog is much bigger than breed standard.
- If your dog has a thicker coat and more time is required.
- If your dog is matted and needs clipping.
- If you dog is knotty and requires more time brushing out.
- If your dog requires a flea shampoo.
- If your dog is extremely difficult to groom or bites.